1. The Scope of This Policy
This policy applies to all Leash users, including Customers (Pet Owners), Drivers (including Driver applicants), Third Party Businesses and to all Leash platforms and services, including our apps, websites, features, and other services (collectively, the “Leash Platform”). Please remember that your use of the Leash Platform is also subject to our Terms of Service.
2. The Information We Collect
When you use the Leash Platform, we collect the information you provide and usage information. We also collect information about you from other sources like third party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration. When you create an account with Leash, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, payment information and pet information. You may choose to share additional info with us, like your photo or saved addresses (e.g., home or groomer).
Driver Information . If you apply to be a Driver, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us, including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. We may need additional information from you at some point after you become a Driver, including information to confirm your identity.
Ratings and Feedback. When you rate and provide feedback about Customers or Drivers, we collect all of the information you provide in your feedback.
Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Leash Platform
Location Information. The Leash Platform collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data) differently depending on your app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Customer or Driver:
Customer: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the Leash app. Leash Analog will not collect your location data.
Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background when it is in driver mode. Leash Analog will not collect your location data.
Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the Leash Platform, including pet transport information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code.
Device Information. We may collect information about the devices you use to access the Leash Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Driver, we may also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and other technical data). Leash Analog will not collect device information.
Communications Between Customers and Drivers. We work with third parties to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Customers and Drivers without sharing either party’s actual phone number with the other. But while we use third parties to provide the communication service, we collect information about these communications, including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS messages. Leash Analog will not use a third party to facilitate communication. Leash Analog communication between customer and drivers will be facilitated by the Leash customer service.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third Party Technologies. We may collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Leash Platform and interact with Leash advertisements, to make your Leash experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be
accessed every time you use the Leash Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. If you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the Leash Platform. This section does not apply to Leash Analog.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third Party Services. Third party services provide us with information needed for core aspects of the Leash Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your Leash experience. These third party services include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these third party services:
● Information to make the Leash Platform safer, like background check information for drivers;
● Information about your participation in third party programs that provide things like insurance coverage and financial instruments, such as insurance, payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
● Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional programs, such as information about your use of such programs; and
● Information about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information.
Pet Business Services. Sometimes a pet business or entity may order a Leash ride for your pet. If a pet business has ordered a ride for your pet using our service, they will provide us your contact information and the pickup and drop-off location of your ride.
Referral Programs. If someone refers you to Leash, we will collect information about you from that referral including your name and contact information.
Other Users and Sources. Other users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
3. How We Use Your Information
Providing the Leash Platform. We use your personal information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
● Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
● Connect you to your pet rides and track their progress;
● Calculate prices and process payments;
● Allow Customers and Drivers to connect regarding their pet’s ride and to choose to share their location with others;
● Communicate with you about your pet ride and experience;
● Collect feedback regarding your experience;
● Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties; and
● Operate promotions.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the Leash Platform and its Users. Providing you and your pets with a safe and secure experience drives our platform, both on the road, on our apps and through Leash Analog. To do this, we use your personal information to:
● Authenticate Customer and Drivers;
● Verify that Drivers and their vehicles meet safety requirements;
● Investigate and resolve incidents, accidents, and insurance claims;
● Encourage safe driving behavior and avoid unsafe activities;
● Find and prevent fraud; and
● Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent Customers and Drivers from Leash.
Building and Maintaining the Leash Community. Leash works to be a positive part of the pet services community. We use your personal information to communicate with you about events and promotions.
Providing Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
● Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding Leash; and
● Provide you support or respond to you.
Improving the Leash Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
● Perform research, testing, and analysis;
● Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
● Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
● Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
4. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. We may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers.
A. Sharing Between Leash Users
Customers and Drivers.
Customers information shared with Driver: Upon receiving a pet ride request, we share with the Driver the schedule pickup time and date, pickup location, destination, customer name, pet name and information, rating, customer statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a customer), and information the customer includes in their customer profile. We also share the Customer’s rating and feedback with the Driver on a weekly basis. (We remove the Customer’s identity associated with ratings and feedback when we share it with Drivers, but a Driver may be able to identify the Customer that provided the rating or feedback.)
Driver information shared with Customer: Approximately 30 minutes prior to the scheduled ride, we will share with the Customer the Driver’s name, profile photo, rating, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate, as well as other information in the Driver’s Leash profile, such as information Drivers choose to add and Driver statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a Driver). Shared Customer and Driver information may be limited in Leash Analog.
Although we help Customers and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pet pickup or drop-off, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Customer or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your consent.
Referral Programs. If you refer someone to the Leash Platform, we will let them know that you generated the referral. If another user referred you, we may share information about your use of the Leash Platform with that user. For example, a referral source may receive a bonus when you join the Leash Platform.
B. Sharing With Third-Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
Depending on whether you’re a Customer or a Driver, Leash may share the following categories of your personal information for a business purpose to provide you with a variety of the Leash Platform’s features and services:
● Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), pet information, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information;
● Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
● Commercial information, such as ride information, Driver/Customer statistics and feedback, and Driver/Customer transaction history;
● Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers; and
● Location data.
We disclose those categories of personal information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
● Maintaining and servicing your Leash account;
● Processing or fulfilling rides;
● Providing customer service;
● Processing Customer transactions;
● Processing Driver applications and payments;
● Verifying the identity of users;
● Detecting and preventing fraud;
● Processing insurance claims;
● Providing Driver loyalty and promotional programs;
● Providing marketing and advertising services to Leash;
● Providing financing;
● Providing requested emergency services;
● Providing analytics services to Leash; and
● Undertaking internal research to develop the Leash Platform.
C. For Legal Reasons and to Protect the Leash Platform
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
● Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
● Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
● Enforce our Terms of Service;
● Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
● Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third-parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
D. In Connection with Sale or Merger
We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
E. Upon Your Further Direction
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
5. How We Store and Protect Your Information
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the Leash Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as pet rides and payments for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations. If you request to terminate your account, we will delete your information as set forth in the “Terminating Your Account” section below.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
6. Your Rights And Choices Regarding Your Data
Leash provides ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
A. All Users
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Leash Platform.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial text messages by texting the word END to 402-289-7804 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt out of receiving all texts from Leash (including transactional or relational messages) by texting the word STOPALL to 402-289-7804 from the mobile device receiving the messages. Note that opting out of receiving texts may impact your use of the Leash Platform (such as receiving a notification that your pet’s ride has arrived or your pet has reached their destination). Leash Analog will use text messaging to communicate with Customer and Drivers.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Leash Platform (such as receiving a notification that your pet’s ride has arrived or your pet has reached their destination). Leash Analog will not use Push Notifications.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact Leash’s ability to provide you our full range of features and services. Leash analog will not collect location information.
Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Leash Platform.
Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your Leash account, please call 402-289-7804. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may retain your information to resolve open insurance claims, or we may be obligated to retain your information as part of an open legal claim. When we retain such data, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes.
7. Children’s Data
Leash is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 18 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us.
8. Links to Third Party Websites
The Leash Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us at 402-289-7804.